To show/send availability the system needs a price for the guests selection. If you have no prices for a certain date the system will show no availability. For this reason it is important to keep prices up-to-date.
The system has two types of prices:
- Daily Prices
Which type you use depends on your pricing structure:
Daily Prices are prices for one date. Up to four prices per date can be defined for example for different occupancies.
Daily Prices can be used:
- if you want to fine tune prices on a daily basis
- if you do not use Last Minute or Early Bird pricing
If you have more complex restrictions you need to use rates.
Rates have a start and end date so they apply to a range of dates. Rates contain many rules about the conditions which must apply to make them available. Multiple rates can be used to create complex pricing structures. If multiple rates are available for the same dates the rules of each rate will determine which rate is offered.
Rates can be used:
- for prices for extra guests or extra children
- if you require the guest to book more than one day before Check-in
- if you want a price to be available only certain days in advance (e.g. Last Minute or Early Bird)
- if you want to allow guest to enquire when no price can be found but the room is not fully booked
- if you have extras (upsell items) which only apply to certain rooms
- for special pricing for channel management
Combination on Daily Prices and Rates
It is not necessary to use both daily prices and rates but a combination of daily prices and rates can be used to fine tune pricing structures.
- For example Daily Prices can be used to override the price and conditions of a rate for individual dates.
- The booking rules for your rates and daily prices will determine which daily price or rate will be used.
Note: Rules in rates have no effect on daily prices.
Set up Prices
Click on the links below for further details.
The Rate Wizard guides you through the setup of common rate types.
You can add a "Multiplier" in the CALENDAR to increase or lower all prices on a certain day or date range.
For most channels a "Multiplier" can be set in in channel manger settings. Check the channels help pages for instructions.
The 'Price Check Tool' shows you which prices and rules apply for specific dates/selections and why a certain price or rule was applied or not applied. You can find links to the 'Price Check Tool' on the RATES, CALENDAR and SUPPORT pages.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Prices"
The following 9 pages are in this category, out of 9 total.