Difference between revisions of "Responsive Booking Page"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 13:00, 19 November 2020
This page explains how to use and customise the responsive version of the booking page.
- 1 Booking Engine Configuration
- 2 Add booking widget to your web site
- 3 Set up and customise responsive booking page
- 4 Internationalisation
- 5 Mobiles
- 6 Additional options
- 7 Use multiple layouts
- 8 Developer options
- 9 Multiple properties
- 10 Change from adaptive to responsive booking page
1 Booking Engine Configuration
Tip This wizard guides you though the options you can set for your booking engine.
2 Add booking widget to your web site
In SETTINGS->BOOKING ENGINE->BOOKING WIDGETS you can choose from a range of widgets
Go to (SETTINGS) BOOKING ENGINE > BOOKING WIDGETS > IFRAME GENERATOR to generate the code to embed the booking page into your web site. Use the context help (?icons) for information about the iFrame settings.
3 Set up and customise responsive booking page
The design of the responsive booking page is modular allowing you to fully control the layout.
Modules can be added an removed. They have advanced settings so you can tailor the display exactly to your needs. For most modules content needs to be added so they can display. Available modules are:
- Picture slider or gallery for property, rooms and offers
- Picture for property, rooms and offers
- Featues for property and rooms
- Availability calendar (one or multiple month) for for property, rooms and offers
- Pricetable for offers
- Descriptions for property, rooms and offers
We provide a set of default templates with preset modules. You can use these templates as they are or customise them to suit your requirements.
The current default template is 7.
You can use up to six different layouts at the same time if you want to display different looks on different web sites or blogs.
The Facebook app uses the "default" layout which is set in (SETTINGS) BOOKING ENGINE.
To upload pictures go to (SETTINGS) BOOKING ENGINE > PICTURES. Assign them to the property, room or offer where you want to use them.
3.3 Set up wizard
Tip This setup wizard guides you though the customization of your booking page.
3.4 Customise booking page
To customise the the booking page go to (SETTINGS) BOOKING ENGINE > PROPERTY BOOKING PAGE > LAYOUT.
If you do not want to use multiple layouts leave the selector for "Layout" there and the selector for "Default Layout" in SETTINGS->BOOKING ENGINE and the selector set to 1.
3.4.1 Change template
Choose the template you want to use and then click on "Restore default".
3.4.2 Customise modules
The responsive booking page consists of sections: "Offer" contains the standard offer for a room or unit.
- One offer will always be shown
- Additional offers (for example for alternative non refundable prices or packages) are optional
- All other sections are optional.
For each section you can choose from a set of modules. For most modules content needs to be added so they can display. Click on the context help (? icons) to see where you can enter the required content.
Every module has additional settings which allow you to tailor the disply to your requirement. They are available when you click on "Manage".
Tip This demo gives you an overview on the mayor modules.
To remove a module, click 'Position' and select 'not used' from the drop down list.
- If you use the property slider or property picture and have "Style" set to "Full width" you will need to make sure the slider/pictures position is set to row 1 position 1, desktop full width and mobile full width. There should be no other module in row 1. Also make sure you deactivate all modules which you do not use.
- The "Policies" module will use display the policies you have entered in (SETTINGS) PROPERTIES > DESCRIPTION. A link to policies on your web site can be please wherever you can enter descriptive texts. You can set up a "custom question" (Type= Checkbox, Use=Obligatory) in (SETTINGS) PROPERTIES >-BOOKING QUESTIONS. If required you can add a link for example: "I accept the <a href="http://www.mywebsite.de/agb" target="_blank">terms and conditions </a>." Replace www.mywebsite.de/agb with a link to the terms and conditions on your web site.
prices will only display if booking of multiple rooms is not allowed
prices will only display if booking of multiple rooms is not allowed
multi room booking
- The "Marketing Column" displays only in the modules "Price Table" and "Price Calendar". Go to (SETTINGS) PROPERTIES > OFFERS to enter the content for the modules.
- Offer Calendars and Price Calendars can not be used in the same layout. If you have multiple offers the calendar will show the same availability for all offers.
Modules are placed in rows. Each section can have one or more rows.
Width on desktop and mobile: Each row consists of 12 columns. The number of columns defines the width of the module.
You can save your changes to this layout or under a different layout. The "Restore Default" option will remove all changes.
3.4.3 Style colors and fonts
To customise colors and fonts go to (SETTINGS) BOOKING ENGINE > PROPERTY BOOKING PAGE > STYLE
Current default setting are:
|Highlight Background From||#ffffff|
|Highlight Background To||#ffffff|
|Selected Dates Background||none|
|Available Dates Background||#f2f2f2|
|Available Dates Text||#424242|
|Request Dates Background||#dddddd|
|Request Dates Text||#777777|
|Not Available Dates Background||#f2dede|
|Not Available Dates Text||#a94442|
Changes on how the booking page opens and closes can be made in (SETTINGS) BOOKING ENGINE > PROPERTY BOOKING PAGE > BEHAVIOUR
4.1 Currency converter
If you want to give guests the option to see your prices converted into other currencies you can activate a currency converter. Add for example &cur=EUR or &cur=USD to the URL to open the page with the conversion. If you are using Wordpress with a short code add cur=EUR or cur=USD to the short code. Go here for a complete list of currency codes.
4.2 Multiple languages
You can set your default language and activate multiple languages. Make sure you enter descriptive texts for all languages you want to use. If you are using an embedded booking page on a multilingual web site you can embed you booking page with a different default language for each language version. Click here for instructions.
Every module has additional settings which allow you to tailor the display on mobiles and desktops. They are available in "Layout" when you click on "Manage".
There you can set if a module is shown on mobile devices
- via a link
- not at all (shown only on desktops)
6 Additional options
General settings which apply to all layouts like minimum/maximum number of guests, nights, type of price display etc. are in (SETTINGS) BOOKING ENGINE > PROPERTY BOOKING PAGE.
6.1 Multiple or single room booking
You can allow guests to book one room or unit, multiple rooms or units of give the the choice. The setting is available in (SETTINGS) BOOKING ENGINE > PROPERTY BOOKING PAGE.
6.2 Allow enquiries when no price is found
If you are using rates you can set "Allow Enquiry" = yes. This will allow the guest to send an enquiry if you have availability but the system can not find a price. If you generally want to accept only "Requests" instead of confirmed bookings go to (SETTINGS) PROPERTIES > RULES and set your "Booking Type" = Request
6.3 Add a logo to your page
- Go to (SETTINGS) BOOKING ENGINE > PICTURES and choose your file and import.
- Scroll to the picture and click 'Manage', scroll to the bottom of the page and copy the URL.
- Go to (SETTINGS) BOOKING ENGINE > PROPERTY BOOKING PAGE > CONTENT "Property Description 1"
- Click 'Edit', then find the 'Image' icon and paste the url into the URL box and add a description if necessary, resize as required, click OK. Use the other features to position the image as you required (centre, left, right).
- Click Save.
6.4 Additional messages and warnings
Additional messages can be added to the booking page in (SETTINGS) BOOKING ENGINE > PROPERTY BOOKING PAGE >CONTENT. This is also where you can change the default warning messages which show when a room is not available.
6.5 Spam Protection
You can protect yourself from spam via your booking page in (SETTINGS) BOOKING ENGINE > PROPERTY BOOKING PAGE > BEHAVIOUR.
- Set "On Screen Captcha code" to "Must be Entered" so your guests will have to enter a captcha code to proceed the booking
- Set "Code Sent to Email Address" to "Must be Entered" and your guest will only be able to proceed the booking after they enter a code that has been automatically sent to them.
6.6 Add a TripAdvisor review widget
Tripadvisor provides a code snippet for reviews.
1. Copy the widget code from your TripAdvisor account.
2. Add the code to your booking page
You can add the code snippet into and editable field on the booking page. Click on "Edit" then in the editor on "Source" to insert the code into your booking pages source code.
Make sure the module which you want to use is activated.
6.7 Triptease price comparison widget
To use this function you need an account withTriptease. For more information please see here.
6.8 Cookie Consent
You can use a tool like https://cookieconsent.insites.com/download/ to generate a script which you can add in (SETTINGS) BOOKING ENGINE > PROPERTY BOOKING PAGE > DEVELOPER "Advanced HTML Settings"
6.9 Google Font
See this help page for instructions.
6.10 Add Chat
Chat systems provide a script which you can add in (SETTINGS) BOOKING ENGINE > PROPERTY BOOKING PAGE > DEVELOPER Advanced HTML Settings".
7 Use multiple layouts
You can use up to 6 different layouts at the same time.
The default layout is defined in (SETTINGS) BOOKING ENGINE
If you want to use multiple layouts you can set the number you want to use them under before you save. To open another than the default layout add a parameter to the URL. Example:
will display layout 2. If you are using Wordpress you can add a layout parameter to the shortcode as explained in the plugin settings.
The Facebook app uses the "default" layout which is set in SETTINGS-BOOKING PAGE.
8 Developer options
Advanced functions are available in (SETTINGS) BOOKING ENGINE > PROPERTY BOOKING PAGE > DEVELOPER
- If you are comfortable working with CSS you can apply your own styles
- Add scripts e.g. for Google Analytics
- Exchange any fixed text on the booking page
Stripe and Paymill insert their button and can not be changed. To change the text of any of the other payment buttons you can place this code snippet into (SETTINGS) BOOKING ENGINE > PROPERTY BOOKING PAGE > DEVELOPER "Advanced HTML Settings".
Here you can find more developer options.
9 Multiple properties
If you have multiple properties you can use the multiple property booking page to displays all properties in your account. It links to the property booking page where the actual booking is made.
10 Change from adaptive to responsive booking page
Go to SETTINGS->BOOKING PAGE and select "Booking Page Version" = Responsive. This setting will activate Layout 1.
When you change from adaptive to responsive you need to assign your pictures again. Go to (SETTINGS) BOOKING ENGINE > PICTURES. Set the selector to the room then choose "Offer 1" and activate the picture/pictures you want to display. If you are using more than one offer repeat for each.
NOTE: If you select "Booking Page Version" = Responsive your live web site will change to the new design. If you just want to have a look you can do this adding &version=3 to the URL of your booking page. To see the different layouts also add the layout number eg. &version=3&layout=2 will show you layout 2. Alternatively you can copy your property and use the copy for testing. If you do this make sure all channel manager connections are deactivated in the copy property. The normal monthly fee will apply for additional rooms so you might want to reduce the number of rooms in the copy property. When you are finished with the customisation you can use the "Clone Property" function in SUBACCOUNTS (top right menu) to apply the changes to your real property.