Stripe full amount
This page is about the menu (SETTINGS) PAYMENTS > PAYMENT GATEWAYS > STRIPE and automatic payment collection.
This page explains how to collect the full amount of the booking for direct bookings and add a pending payment for the full amount from channel/OTA bookings.
You can use this method if:
You have a Stripe account and you have connected it to your property.
You have bookings from your direct booking page and want to collect the full payment at the time of the booking.
You have bookings from booking Channels/OTAs and collect the full payment at the time of the booking.
If you are in the EU and/or have guests from the EU, you may need to comply with 3DSecure Payments, this will require you to send a payment link to the guest to make the payment directly.
2 How it works
Credit card details will be sent to Stripe and you can collect a payment. You can define the Payment Due date/time and the amount of the payment. You want to collect the full amount at the time of the booking.
3 Set up
3.1 Step 1: Setup your Booking Rules for Payment Collection
You have the option to set different payment rules depending on the number of days in advance of the checkin date, see here for details.
Go to (SETTINGS) PROPERTIES > BOOKING RULES > NORMAL BOOKINGS.
- Select “Booking Type” = Confirmed with deposit collection 2- via payment gateway
3.2 Step 2: Setup the Payment Collection Rules
Go to (SETTINGS) PAYMENTS > PAYMENT COLLECTION
- Set Non Payment Booking Status = Cancel
This sets the status of the booking if payment is not completed at the time of booking. Note : that if this setting is set to request, the guest will be sent a booking email even if they do not make a payment. If this setting is set to cancel the guest will only be sent a booking email after payment is made.
- Set Deposit Payment 2 Percentage = 100
3.3 Step 3:Setup Stripe Account
Go to (SETTINGS) PAYMENTS > PAYMENT GATEWAYS > STRIPE and set:
Stripe is compatible with the pending payments auto charge function and direct charging a stored card from bookings, when you connect via the ‘Connect’ Button.
- Click Connect Button. If you have multiple Stripe Accounts, ensure you connect to the correct Stripe account in your Stripe dashboard.
- Set Enable/Priority - if you plan to use multiple Payment gateways, set the number based on the order on the payment page.
- Save all cards to Stripe = Yes.
- Capture = Yes, for your Beds24 booking page, this will collect the payment at the time of the booking.
- Payment Description - Description for Stripe payments, template variables can be used. This description will be seen in the STRIPE dashboard, this is not visible to the Guest.
- Title - Customise the title for this payment option.
- Instruction - Create an optional description to appear next to the Stripe pay now button.
3.4 Step 4: Create Auto Actions
Go to (SETTINGS) GUEST MANAGEMENT > AUTO ACTIONS
One auto action will be required, collect the payment for Channel bookings (Non Virtual Cards)
3.4.1 Auto Action - Collect payment from Channel/OTA bookings
For bookings via your booking page (direct), payment will be collected at the time of booking. This is only required for Non virtual card Channel/OTA bookings.
Click Create New Action
- Trigger Event = Booking
- Trigger Time = Immediate
- Time Window = 1 day
- Booking Source
- Booking Source =Channel Manager (this will apply to all bookings from OTAs/channels)
If you want to have different auto actions/rules for each channel booking, then select the Channel from the list’
- Booking Conditions
- Group Booking Trigger = Trigger only Master
- Status = All not cancelled
- Invoice Balance= Not Zero (can be used to refine the auto action being triggered)
- Info Codes
- Exclude Booking Info code = BOOKINGVIRTCARD, EXPEDIACOLLECT, AGODACOLLECT
If you receive virtual credit cards from the channels, then enter the Booking Info codes to prevent additional pending payments being added to bookings.
Booking tab: Optional
- Flag Text = Pending payment added (for example)
- Flag Colour = select the colour as this will be visible in the Calendar/Bookings list
Booking Info tab: Optional, for information and reporting
- Booking Info Code = PAYMENT (for example enter the value - use one word only)
- Booking Info Text = Enter the description/text to show in for the Booking Info Code.
- Add a Pending Payment to the booking
- Payment Type = Percent of Group Balance due (select on what the payment is calculated)
- Description = the text you will see in the "Charges and Payments" tab
- Status = if you use the status function add the status you want to apply to the pending payment (optional)
- Amount = 100 (this will be 100% of the outstanding balance, use the same value as you set in SETTINGS->GUEST MANAGEMENT->PAYMENT COLLECTION > DEPOSIT 2)
- Payment Rule = Auto
- Payment Due = Trigger date
- Payment time = set the time to collect payment
- Invoicee = If you use the "invoicee" function you can select which invoicee the pending payment will be assigned to.