Connect Beds24 with Trivago Direct Connect
1 Coming Soon!
We will publish NEWS when we are live with Trivago.
trivago Direct Connect allows you to promote your webssite rates on trivago and run cost-per-click campaigns.
- Click here for general information on how the channel manager works.
- This tutorial explains how to set prices for channels.
- Beds24.com can send price and availability to trivato
- Beds24.com can send descriptive information about your property
- Beds24.com can import bookings
- Beds24.com can import booking cancellations
If you have more than one property in the same Beds24 account, all you need to do is enter the same trivago property code for all of them When trivago request a price for that code we will send prices for all the properties that have the same code. They will appear on trivago as different room options in your trivago property.
Note: The data communication is initiated by trivago. trivago pulls the data from Beds24 (we can not push data to trivago). That means that trivago sends us a request for prices and availability and we then send your data.
- If multiple rooms with different occupancies are booked trivago will apply the highest occupancy price for both rooms
- If your booking type is set to collect a deposit trivago will collect the credit card details from the guest. You can then manually charge the deposit account to the card.
trivago requires us to send a confirmation to the guest. The system uses your normal booking confirmation.
4 Set up on trivago
- Log into your trivago account and go to DIRECTCONNECT. trivago will automatically detect Beds24 is your booking engine. If Beds24 is not detected as an IBE, please contact trivago support.
- Click on "Start Now" to start a campaign. You can find detailed information on how to set up a campaign in the trivago help.
5 Set up on Beds24.com
- trivago requires the use of a tracking pixel to show you your performance data. The tracking pixel is automatically included on the Beds24 confirmation page. If you use your own confirmation page meaning you have specified a "Booking Return URL" in SETTINGS > BOOKING PAGE > PAGE DESIGN > BEHAVIOUR you will need to implement the tracking pixel on your confirmation page. What you need to do is explained here.
- Go to SETTINGS->CHANNEL MANAGER->TRIVAGO ->CONTENT DATA for a collection of information about your property required to use trivago Direct Connect. In particular check the following are all filled in and correct:
a. Your room descriptions
b. Your general policy (check-in check-out policy) text
c. Your cancellation policy text
5.1 What we send
Rates with the trivago channel selected and daily prices are sent to trivago The price of a rate sent is composed from the Single, Double, Room and extra person prices, not the export price.
trivago uses the cancellation rules set in the Beds24 system. The default is to never allow cancellations.
- To allow cancellations go to SETTINGS->PROPERTIES->BOOKING RULES and change the setting for "Booking Cancellations by Guest"
- We send offer 1 to trivago. To allow cancellations for offer 1 go to SETTINGS->PROPERTIES->ROOMS->OFFERS and change the setting for "Booking Cancellations by Guest"
- As property picture we will send picture number 1 from SETTINGS->BOOKING PAGE->PICTURES. The room pictures is the ones selected in SETTINGS->BOOKING PAGE->PICTURES as "room pictures".
- The currency code sent to trivago is defined in SETTINGS -> PROPERTIES -> DESCRIPTION "API currency" and must be set to match your prices entered in Beds24.
- Set "Synchronise" to "Booking (price inc. breakfast) if your prices include breakfast
- Set "Synchronise" to "Booking (price exc. breakfast) if your prices are without breakfast
6 Common Errors
Beds24 is not automatically detected as IBE If Beds24 is not detected as an IBE, please contact trivago support.