Airbnb Rate Plans
This page is about the menu (SETTINGS) CHANNEL MANAGER > AIRBNB > RATE PLANS and explains how to use Airbnb rate plans.
- 1 General information about Airbnb Rate Plans
- 2 Limitations
- 3 Display on Airbnb
- 4 Setup
- 5 Edit rate plan
- 6 Delete rate plan
- 7 Common Errors
- 8 FAQ
- 8.1 Should all rate plans be mapped and synchronised with Beds24?
- 8.2 Is there a choice for a host to keep some rate plans not mapped and manage them directly from Airbnb?
- 8.3 Can one Airbnb account have a mix of rate plan and non rate plan listings?
- 8.4 Can Hosts set up promotions on Rate Plans directly on Airbnb?
- 8.5 Can the property set up Max LOS over 28 days?
- 8.6 Can I switch back to classic pricing after switching to rate plans?
- 8.7 What is the maximum number of Rate Plans for each room type?
- 8.8 How many Rate Plans will be displayed to guests?
- 8.9 Can I set up a Meal Rate Plan?
- 8.10 Are booking alterations supported?
- 8.11 Are booking cancellations supported?
- 8.12 Are Special Offers supported?
1 General information about Airbnb Rate Plans
Rate plans are the pricing model of choice if you want
- to offer a refundable and a non-refundable option and
- set prices for refundable and non-refundable instead of Airbnbs fixed discount option
- control the cancellation policy for refundable and non-refundable prices
- control availability of the refundable/non-refundable booking option.
- parity with other channels which support rate plans i.e. Booking.com or Expedia.
Airbnb enables rate plans at the host account level. If a host wants to use rate plans, they must use rate plans for all of their listings. If you set one listing to use rate plans Airbnb will change the calendar view for all listings in the Airbnb account to a "Grid" view.
You can create up to 10 rate plans which can be used for all listings in the Airbnb account. Rate plans are stored at the host account level, and then applied to specific listings.
Beds24 is beta testing the new rate plan feature for Airbnb. Please be aware that rate plans still in beta testing at Airbnbs end.
- When you enable rate plans for at least 1 listing within an account, the multicalendar will redirect you to the inventory grid page. If required you can access the multi-calendar via this link
- Airbnb do not support booking modifications for listings using rate plans. The guest on will have to cancel and rebook again if alteration is needed.
- Special Offers are not supported at the moment.
- The max number of occupancy prices is 16.
- Listings in Italy and China cannot use rate plans. Since rate plans are not currently available for listings in Italy or China, hosts who have at least 1 listing in those countries are not eligible for rate plans.
- Listings using rate plans will not be bookable by guests from China.
- The pricing model can only be changed in Beds24. Do not disconnect a listing which is set to rate plans. If you need to disconnect a listing set it do "Per Day Pricing" or "Per Occupancy Pricing" in Beds24 before you disconnect.
3 Display on Airbnb
A maximum of 2 rate plans will be displayed to guests at a given time depending on the cancellation policy. Airbnb will display one refundable and another non-refundable rate plan and out of these (a) the lowest and (b) the most flexible rate.
- Refundable rate plan: flexible, moderate and strict (strict_14_with_grace_period) cancellation policy
- Non-refundable rate plan non_refundable, super_strict_30 and super_strict_60 cancellation policy
- If there is one or more refundable rate plans, only one with the most flexible cancellation policy will be
displayed to guests.
- If there is one or more non-refundable rate plans, the one with the lowest rate will be displayed to guests.
- If there is a mix of refundable and non-refundable rate plans, the most flexible refundable and the cheapest
non-refundable rate plans will be displayed to guests
Step 1: Create rate plans
- Log into your Airbnb account then click on this link. This will take you to the Airbnb "Inventory Grid" which is Airbnbs calendar view for accounts using rate plans.
where you can create your rate plans.
- Click on "Manage Rate Plans" and create your rate plans. If you want to to have different prices for different length of stay you need a rate plan for each.
Step 2: Activate all listings in the Airbnb account for rate plans
Go to (SETTINGS) CHANNEL MANAGER > AIRBNB > MAPPING and set "Pricing Model" = Rate Plans. Airbnb recommend you change all listings in the same Airbnb account because if one listing in an account is using rate plans they will change the calendar view for all to a "inventory grid" view.
After you have activated your listings for rate plans you can create additional rate plans directly in Beds24 in (SETTINGS) CHANNEL MANAGER > AIRBNB > RATE PLANS if required.
Step 3: Map rate plans
You need a daily price or rate in Beds24 which can contain additional restrictions like days in advance, minimum stay, days of the week on which the rate plan is available.
1. Go to (SETTINGS) CHANNEL MANAGER > AIRBNB > MAPPING and click on "Get Codes" next to "Rate Plans" and map your primary Airbnb rate plan.
2. Open all prices which are for other than the rate plan you have mapped in (SETTINGS) CHANNEL MANAGER > AIRBNB > MAPPING. Click on "Get Codes" in the "Channels" tab or section of the daily price or rate and enter the Airbnb rate plan for this daily price or rate.
For more information use these instructions.
5 Edit rate plan
- Click on "Edit" next to the rate plan you want to edit.
- Change the settings.
- Click "Save".
When you edit a rate plan all settings which were made for it in the Airbnb extranet will get lost.
6 Delete rate plan
Log into your Airbnb extranet if you need to delete a rate plan.
7 Common Errors
8.1 Should all rate plans be mapped and synchronised with Beds24?
Yes, all rate plans should be mapped for reservation checks going through, and reservation delivery.
8.2 Is there a choice for a host to keep some rate plans not mapped and manage them directly from Airbnb?
No, currently this is not possible.
8.3 Can one Airbnb account have a mix of rate plan and non rate plan listings?
No, that is not possible. Rate plans are enabled at the host account level. If a host wants to use rate plans, they must use rate plans for all of their listings.
8.4 Can Hosts set up promotions on Rate Plans directly on Airbnb?
Yes, it is possible to set up Length of Stay, Early Bird and Last Minute discounts directly on Rate Plans on Airbnb. Note: No line item discount or strike-through merchandising for guests will be displayed at this stage.
8.5 Can the property set up Max LOS over 28 days?
Yes, It is possible to apply Max LOS to 127 days. Just ensure to type in the Max LOS value.
8.6 Can I switch back to classic pricing after switching to rate plans?
Yes, you can switch back to classic pricing at any point.
8.7 What is the maximum number of Rate Plans for each room type?
You can add up to 10 rate plans for each room type.
8.8 How many Rate Plans will be displayed to guests?
A maximum of 2 rate plans will be shown to guests for a listing when they are booking. If there are more than two eligible rate plans for a specific range of dates, Airbnb will select the 2 rate plans to display based on a combination of price and flexibility.
8.9 Can I set up a Meal Rate Plan?
Meal Rate Plans are not supported by Airbnb at this stage yet.
8.10 Are booking alterations supported?
Booking alterations are not supported at the moment. The guest on Airbnb will have to cancel and rebook again if alteration is needed.
8.11 Are booking cancellations supported?
Yes, guest cancellations will be sent to your Channel Manager.
8.12 Are Special Offers supported?
No, Special Offers are not supported at the moment.