This page explains how communication through the system can be customised.
Communication sent out by the system. Click the links to the sub pages for more details.
1. Communication with Guests
- Confirmation Messages are the messages shown and sent to guests automatically after they have made a booking. Confirmation messages can be fully customised. Different messages can be sent for different booking types. They can be customised in SETTINGS->PROPERTIES->CONFIRMATION MESSAGES. Confirmation messages are automatically sent to all bookings made on your own web site but not for manually added bookings and bookings from channels which send their own confirmation (almost all channels) and do not require Beds24 to send an additional one (for example Tripadvisor).
- Cancellation Messages are only sent from the system if you allow guests to cancel the booking themselves and for bookings from channels which do not send confirmations directly to the guest. If required you can set up an Auto Action Email which triggers automatically if a guest cancels.
- Auto Actions are pre canned Emails which can be sent to guests automatically at a pre set trigger time. Alternatively the can be set up for manual sending. They can use Template Variables to include information specific to the booking. Auto Action Emails can be set up in SETTINGS->GUEST MANAGEMENT->AUTO ACTIONS.
- Outgoing Email allows sending out confirmation messages and auto action emails using your own email address. If you do not want to use your own email address they will be sent from the system email address. To change your settings go to SETTINGS->ACCOUNT->OUTGOING EMAIL. Sub accounts can be used to use different outgoing email addresses for multiple properties in one account.
Emails are sent in the language defined in the "Mails" tab of the booking. For online bookings this is the language the guest used to book. If no language code is set the system uses the default language of the booking page which is set in SETTINGS->ACCOUNT->LANGUAGES.
2. Notifications to host
- Host Notifications are the messages sent automatically to hosts when a new booking is made. Messages can be sent via Email and SMS. By default host notifications contain all important information. You can add information or set up a second notification in SETTINGS->ACCOUNT->HOST NOTIFICATIONS.
Some browsers block pop up email. If your email programme does not open when you want to manually send a confirmation message or auto action email you might need to change your browser settings.
Some email programmes limit the number of characters. If you want to manually send a confirmation message or auto action email you might need to shorten the message to accommodate the capabilities or your email system.
This category has only the following subcategory.